Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, January 28, 2008

Joe's Review: 27 Dresses

ShowHype: hype it up!
Yay! I finally saw it. Well, we were late, and we missed about 15 minutes, but my girlfriend and I finally saw this movie. I have to say that it was pretty enjoyable, and had the same feel good theme that The Devil Wears Prada had. A very cute movie overall.

So what is this movie about? Well, Jane is the main character. She is the assistant to the boss at a large outdoors company, and is in love with her boss. She has also been a bridesmaid at (you guessed it) 27 weddings. Jane has never found the confidence to tell her boss that she loves him, and has always felt a need to take care of everyone around her, including her younger sister Tess, who Jane tried to play mother for with their mother died. Jane also has a dream of one day being married in her mother's dress, at the same Pier where her mom got married. An endless romantic, she has yet to make her dreams come true.

So it's no surprise when Jane's sister comes to stay with her for a few weeks, Jane finally decides that she has the confidence to tell her boss that she really likes him.... but there is a problem. Her boss, George runs into Tess at them moment Jane is about to tell him this... and him and Tess hit it off! Jane can do nothing but sit aside and watch as they go through a whirlwind courtship, and the next thing she knows, they are going to be married in three weeks, and she is left to plan the wedding!!!

Pretty crazy. Add to that Kevin, a guy who has been practically stalking Jane, and a committments writer at the New York Journal. Jane has secretly admired his writings, not knowing it was him. When he is called in to cover Tess's wedding, Jane is forced to spend a lot of time with him, and she finds him completely annoying. Now not only does she have to watch her sister marry the man she loves, but also has to deal with the annoying "Jerk" Kevin.

Well, I'm sure you can imagine that this has a happy ending, but you'll have to see it to be sure. All I can tell you is that I enjoyed it a lot... it was really good for a chick flick. Guys, there are a lot of attractive women in this one, and I'm sure your girlfriend/fiancee/wife will LOVE you for seeing this one with them.

This one is Joe approved! Here's the trailer for those of you who want something more...



I wonder if I only see movies I know I'll like or if I just like every movie....If you've seen it.. what did you think?

3 Comments Posted!:

Stephanie said...

I haven't seen it yet....but now I really want to!

Deadpoolite said...

This is too crazy a premise to pass up so I am sold:).

Dianne said...

Hmmm... chick flick. No explosions or zombies? No thanks.

I'll probably end having to watch it since the hubby loved "Devil Wears Prada."

:P