Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, November 4, 2007

What Movie are You Looking Forward To?

ShowHype: hype it up!
Well, that you're really looking forward to seeing at the movies, anyway. I have a few that I'm going to mention, but I'd really like to hear what you want to see. Basically, is Hollywood doing it right, creating stuff that you want to see? I'm pretty sure that that is a resounding no, seeing as how attendance has declined over the years, but there might be something out there, right?

Anyway, onto my picks for upcoming movies. I'm going with two of em. I've already written about one of them, and that's for Will Smith's I am Legend. Feel free to check out that post to find out some more about it! The other one that I'm looking forward to seeing is The Golden Compass. It looks like it's going to be a real epic movie, and its got some great star power in it, like Nicole Kidman.

So what's the big hype all about? Well, from over at IMDB:
It was no ordinary life for a young girl: living among scholars in the hallowed halls of Jordan College and tearing unsupervised through Oxford's motley streets on mad quests for adventure. But Lyra's greatest adventure would begin closer to home, the day she heard hushed talk of an extraordinary particle. Microscopic in size, the magical dust- found only in the vast Artic expanse of the North -was rumored to possess profound properties that could unite whole universes. But there were those who feared the particle and would stop at nothing to destroy it. Catapulted into the heart of a terrible struggle, Lyra was forced to seek aid from clans, gyptians, and formidable armored bears. And as she journeyed into unbelievable danger, she had not the faintest clue that she alone was destined to win, or to lose, this more-than-mortal battle...
Sounds pretty exciting. What really gets me is how great the special effects look in the trailers. I'm a pretty big fantasy movie fan, so of course I'm excited. Here's the trailer for it! Let me know what you think.

3 Comments Posted!:

Daszzle said...

I can't wait for August Rush to come out. I love movies in which music is a key part. A good soundtrack often equals a good film in my mind. I'll have to check out your suggestion. Surprisingly I don't think I've seen the trailer yet.

fanshawe said...

I'm a sucker for a good detective flick, so the two Ellroy movies - The Night Watchman and White Jazz (if it gets made in the near future) - are the ones I'm waiting for. Also, Malick's Tree of Life, but it could be years before that one comes out.

And The Dark Knight, it goes without saying. :)

http://www.cinemarealm.com

Fletch said...

In the very near future:

No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
I'm Not There
Lions for Lambs
Mr. Magoriums...

Later:

Cloverfield (or whatever)
I Am Legend (kinda)
The Savages
Juno
Revolver