Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Movies this Weekend!

ShowHype: hype it up!
I know this is kind of late, but I actually went out tonight (I have a life?). Had some great Indian food. I'm surprised I'd never been to this restaurant cuz its really close to where I went to school. Definitely check out some Indian food if you get a chance, its great! I wish I could remember what it was all called so that I could order it again!

Anyway, not too many movies opening up this weekend, but here we go!

Saw IV - "If it's Halloween, it must be SAW". Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are both dead. Special agents have been called in to aid the depleted police precinct in trying to sift through the clues. The final SWAT team member not touched by Jigsaw is then abducted, and thrust into yet another game. Following the clues and trail of dead bodies, we learn the reasoning behind Jigsaw's evil, and his plan for his past, present, and future victims.

How I think it will do - I think this is going to do AWESOME. The timing is just right, Wednesday will be a huge day for this one. The Saw series, just like most series, hasn't been as good as the first one, but the crowds will come. Unlike Halloween, this one is gonna hit people right when they're looking for a new horror flick. Congrats on these guys for finding a weekend when there is little competition too!



Dan In Real Life - A comedy starring Steve Carrell. Dan is an advice columnist who is struggling to raise a house full of girls all by himself. Things get more complicated when he falls in love with a woman who just happens to be dating is brother.

How I think it will do - I think this one will do ok, its another comedy out there. It has Steve Carrell, so that will help. But it also has Dane Cook, who is ok at times but unbearable at others. Saw will still be the big movie of the weekend, but this one can be for the non-sqeamish types. It's also the golden PG-13 rating, so people who can't get into Saw will see this one too. It's the only real competition, and its been getting some pretty good reviews.

More Movies! Limited Releases!
  • Pete Seeger: The Power of Song
  • Jimmy Carter Man From Plains
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
  • Trailer Park Boys - The Movie
  • The Island
  • DarkBlueAlmostBlack
  • Slipstream
  • Bella
  • Music Within
  • How to Cook Your Life
  • Black Irish
  • Mr. Untouchable
  • Rails and Ties
  • Lagerfield Confidential
  • Lynch
  • No Smoking
  • Total Denial
  • The Living and the Dead
  • O Jerusalem
Lots of indie movies coming out recently. I know that they're the ones that get appreciated more, but when are we going to get the next big blockbuster?!?! Is it going to be Saw IV? Those movies just make my weekend more fun because they make it busy.

Know that I've been tagged for a couple memes by Daszzle, and I will get to them! Just been so busy trying to run 4 blogs :-P. That's all for now!

2 Comments Posted!:

Jenny Wagner said...

Hey friend. Haven't stopped by in awhile, so I thought I'd do so. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SAW IV!!! I love scary movies and these are usually pretty good. Although, it seems they get gorier (sp?) with each sequel. Still tho, I'm going to see it!
www.jasyjensthoughts.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

I like Steve Carrell so I think his movie will be good...we'll see!