Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Movie Preview: I Am Legend

ShowHype: hype it up!
A friend of mine pointed me over at the trailer for the new Will Smith movie, I Am Legend and I have to say that I'm getting pretty excited about it. The movie looks beautiful, and I've always been a fan of Will Smith movies.

The premise behind I Am Legend is that Will Smith plays a brilliant scientist who is unable to stop a deadly virus. Somehow immune, Smith's character sends out daily radio broadcasts, hoping to reach some of the remaining survivors of the world. However, the mutated infected, who have survived, are watching his every move and are waiting for their chance to strike. Dr. Neville (Smith) now must race to find a cure to revert the infected using his own blood, but he is quickly running out of time.

Check out the trailer and let me know what you think!



An interesting fact about Will Smith: He turned down a scholarship at MIT to pursue his music career more seriously. That officially makes him smarter than me.

6 Comments Posted!:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great!!

I love Will Smith - glad to see him back in a role like this. Can't wait to see it! :)

Deadpoolite said...

I have been really looking forward to this movie for some time. The premise is quite intriguing and Will Smith seems to fit like a glove to this role. This idea of a guy being the last one alive in a world of vampirish beings sounds good and has potential for a way better movie than just an effects movie.

One can only hope that the actual movie will do justice to the great premise.I am greatly anticipating this one as well as "30 days of night".They just sound really cool:)

whatagem said...

Reading the first couple lines, I thought, "Oh great, another Outbreak movie....or zombie movie"

Watching the first couple seconds of the tralier, I sez to myself, "OOOH! Star Wars Sith music! I am so there!"

After completion of reading the post and watching the trailer, I think I might enjoy it. Love Will Smith, love Sith music, like outbreak and/or zombie movies.

Gotta be better than what's out there now. Can't wait for it to come out on NetFlix!

joen05 said...

Glad to see you guys liked the preview too! I think it's gonna be a great one, can't wait to screen it.

Mandy said...

It looks pretty good to me, too, and I normally like Will Smith's movies, so hopefully it does well.

joen05 said...

Mandypoo, I hope it does well too. Definitely a screening movie for me if I can manage it.