Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Movies are not the same as real life..

ShowHype: hype it up!
I told the girl I'd write about this today, so here it is! I've never had a problem with scary movies. I can handle pretty much the worst you can bring. Let's just say it was a lot different for me when we went to Spooky World last night. I'll flat out say it: I was scared $***less last night. I don't handle the whole people jumping out at me too well... and jumped out of my socks more than once.

What makes it so different? I think it's how close these "monsters" get to you. At the movies, I can handle a lot because you know its not real. Now if they had a movie theatre where they had a guy dress up and run into the theatre, that would be different. Yesterday, these things were breathing down my neck. I would not survive in a horror movie. lol.

So to top it all off, I was the one holding on for dear life last night, while the girl laughed at me. Quite the opposite from when we're at the movies. Hey, it's not my fault they were all popping out on the side where I was walking!!! I guess I can't say that was all they did to freak me out, cuz a flesh eating zombie DID pin me up against the wall while I was waiting for the girl at the restrooms.

It was an enlightening experience for me, makes me think I life in a fantasy world too much haha. I never thought I would have been as scared as I was yesterday. I'm too attuned to what movie scary is (blood, gore, music giving away what's going to happen), that I wasn't ready for what was going to happen at Spooky World. I'll say it for real now: I was a huge wimp last night. lol.

That's all for now. Have you had any experiences at haunted houses and graveyards that were like the movies? What movies have really freaked you out?

9 Comments Posted!:

Mandy said...

I hate scary movies and I've never been to a haunted house. Scaring the crap out of myself is NOT my idea of fun. At. All.

Test said...

Oh no - sounds like a scary time!! You are right - I think they get WAY too close. What ever happened to personal space? :-)

I am terrified of scary movies (Poltergeist ruined it for me, LOL) so when I went to a haunted house for the first time (around 20 years old) I was pretty nervous.

Well, there was this guy with a chainsaw in a "smoke"-filled room and he'd just swing the saw past the people walking by. No biggie right? But they can sense the scaredy-cats, I tell you, because he didn't let me through like all the others. He backed me into a corner and swung his ear-piercing saw at me REPEATEDLY. The guy was relentless! (Probably an ex-boyfriend now that I think about it... LOL) So after what seemed like forever, someone was able to pull me out of the room. I haven't been to a haunted house since...

Sorry for the long comment! ;-)

joen05 said...

@Mandypoo, it was definitely not fun at the moment, but funny to think back on yourself... and how scared you were. lol.

@Jleegirl, they kept coming out on my side!! Not fair. No saws, but they really like to pound on the walls and make a ton of noise when it is dead silent in there. I also don't like the hallways with the statues, cuz you know that one of them is real but you can't tell. :-\

whatagem said...

If I were a character in a scary movie, I'd probably run with my arms flailing (think Shelly Winters from The Shining), sprain my ankle--that's key--and get hacked to bits.

Of course if I sprained my ankle, it would be because I fell due to my overly large breasts acting as a counter weight.

I'll need to go get a boob job first. Call my agent.

Daszzle said...

Hey Joen! How's it going? I'm back :). Also, I've tagged you for a meme, so check my blog out for the details. BTW in the near future I've got one hell of a real ghost story for you--- and picture to go with :).

joen05 said...

Haha, nice whatagem. Perhaps we should have a post about that. "Who would YOU be in a horror movie?" It's halloween month, so it should happen!!

@daszzle, I'll be sure to stop by and check out the meme! Looking forward to the ghost story!

Jenn said...

at least you didn't cry.
not mentioning any names.
and not pointing any fingers.
but if they were pointed.
they'd be pointing south.
and i'd be standing in the south direction.
and the name.
well the name would start with a j.
and end with an enifer.

Deadpoolite said...

I still cannot watch Nightmare on Elm street it is just something I cannot do...:)

Come to think of it a really interesting idea for a post just came to mind...hmmm....

There is this one scene from "Candyman" I think, when a guy is sitting on an office chair talking and all of a sudden a hook impales him from the back! I really freaked out with that one:)

joen05 said...

@Lil Sis, If I weren't so manly I would have.

@DP I haven't seen a ton of scary movies, especially the more classic ones. It's something I need to catch up on!