Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How Much Is Your Blog Worth?

ShowHype: hype it up!


My blog is worth $9,597.18.
How much is your blog worth?


Well, my blog worth has apparently gone up about 3k since last we checked! Now where is that check so I can cash it!!! I could start my own movie theatre, and every one of my bloggie friends could get in for free, :-). Hopefully I am still beating Matt at something.. or has he caught up again and overshoot me like crazy, like he did with Alexa. But did HE manage to save up 52 bucks in change? Didn't think so. :-)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone who reads this has ever worked at a movie theatre, or wanted to. If you have, what did you like and not like about it? If you wanted to, what made you want to?

I can tell you what made me want to work at the movies. It was that my friends were working there, and every teenager wants to work with their friends. That way work will be just one big party all the time! Of course, when I first applied I was too young, and when I reapplied no one else did. I have to say that it's been an incredible 6 years! I really can't believe it's been that long. What kind of jobs did you guys hold through high school... and do you wish you could go back to them?

Sorry that this post has been off topic, I've haven't had any real exciting stories at the movies or seen any recently. I'll hopefully provide a review of The Heartbreak Kid sometime on Friday, so look for that. I've also still got to make someone famous this week.... would anyone like that honor?

In movie trivia.......

Evan Almightyis the most expensive comedy made to date. What was it's budget?

12 Comments Posted!:

Test said...

Ohh! I did a post on this one. :) $175 mil!

joen05 said...

Wow, that's awesome! I want mine to be that good!

Mandy said...

My site went up about $1K since yours went up $3K...lol. You are quickly catching back up to me!

And I never worked at a theater...I didn't want to have to make popcorn or clean bathrooms, which is also why I never worked retail at all. (Yes, I was a little spoiled growing up). My first job was at a daycare, where ironically I cleaned little toilets rather than big ones but I mostly just played with the kids!

Oh, and you said you were taking suggestions on who to make famous...I don't know if she reads your blog or if you read hers, but a big part of the inspiration to make my very own blog came from www.thedomesticdiva.org. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Or a write-up on Matt could always be interesting!

joen05 said...

That's awesome, Mandypoo. Maybe you'll have a big week now!

I've known a few people who have worked in day cares and they have really enjoyed it.. they liked playing with the kids too. :-)

Thanks for the suggestions too! I actually have a post in my archive for matt, but I got a little jealous of his alexa ranking. lol. I just started to read the domestic diva, so who knows!

matt said...

you're cheating.

joen05 said...

Then you're cheating on alexa... :-P

joen05 said...

Wait.. Jleegirl, I just got your comment! Congrats, you are right!!!

Test said...

Ah! You though that was what my blog was worth? LOL How nice would that be, right? I'd be queen of blog world! ;-)

Mandypoo - I just checked out the domestic diva yesterday through your link! You both have great sites. :)

Fletch said...

I'd never clicked on that "How Much" thing, but decided to - WOW! Mine is worth over $24,000.

As if I could get more than $24.00 for it.

Guess my high technorati authority helps. I'm no cheater, though.

joen05 said...

Awesome, Fletch. I had an authority up to 30, but then it went back to zero when I got my new domain. I'm hoping that I can get it back up to where it was!

Mandy said...

Okay, I signed up for Technorati but I really have no freaking clue what it is or what to do with it...and my authority??? What kind of authority does it give me. I'm a little lost on this one...

joen05 said...

Hi Mandypoo! Technorati just measures the amount of links that other technorati sites make to yours. The higher the amount of links, the higher your authority. Your authority is how "popular" you are on their rankings.. the higher the better!