Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, September 21, 2007

Re-releasing Transformers... in IMAX!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Transformers is coming back to theatres.. in IMAX! I'm sure some of you know about this. I, unfortunately did not get a chance to see Transformers. (And I work in a movie theatre, I know, I know.) That being said, I'm pretty excited about it, and thinking about how I can convince the girl to go see it with me!

Re-releasing movies has been been a pretty popular thing to do, though it doesn't always get done on the scale that Transformers is. Crash, for example, was re-released after its upset win at the Oscars. However, there are always hinderences to doing this, as some movie companies will not play movies that are available on DVD, as it states here in Variety.

This re-release of transformers is different though. They're opening it up to a different format, where viewers will really be able to take advantage of the special effects on a monstrous screen. There is also going to be additional footage not included in the original release. It would've been cool if they could've done some of the movie, or perhaps all of it in 3-D, like Harry Potter 5. Regardless, I do like how they are putting this movie in IMAX now, after the original run is just about over. Transformers did very well, having grossed over $300 million in the US alone. It will be interesting to see what this re-release will do, as Transformers grossed a paltry $605,328 (USA) on 607 Screens two weeks ago, and a pending DVD release (Oct 16). I expect the IMAX version will be accepted quite well and perform.

Transformers in IMAX opens today! Do you plan on seeing it? I'm lookin forward to seeing these guys on the BIG screen:

1 Comments Posted!:

Calista*Was*Here said...

I have heard so much about Transformers; I MUST see it!
Soon.