Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Green Lantern: The Movie?

ShowHype: hype it up!
There have been a ton of Superhero movies coming out recently. Superman, the Spiderman Franchise, Fantastic Four, and the upcoming Iron Man movie. There is one franchise that has been hotly discussed and debated online, even though many have yet to consider it as a potential movie: Green Lantern. Jack Black is reported to be very interested in this franchise.

From this forum, it appears that there is potential for a movie to be made by 2009. While it has not been cast yet, there are many potential candidates to play the various Green Lanterns, and the obvious Justice League characters that would be present in the film.

So who could possibly play the Green Lantern? There is a lot of speculation about this. Personally, I could see Ioan Gruffudd playing him. You might remember Gruffudd as Mr. Fantastic from Fantastic Four. So he's got an advantage there in that he's already done the whole superhero thing. But there have been more than one Green Lantern. I see Gruffudd as Kyle Rayner. So how about the other two?



I think Chris Evans (from Fantastic Four as well) looks like a good Guy Gardner. What do you think?

How about for John Stewart? I was thinking maybe Laurence Fishburne, but then that wasn't it. I can't quite think of the name, but I've seen him in some movies before. Maybe you can check out the image below and help me out....
If you can think of someone, let me know and I'll add it in, and give you credit for it!








I really think this is a great idea, and so do many others. Are you hearing this Hollywood? We want a Green Lantern movie! Hopefully you'll deliver by 2009 as predicted.

Now I'm not an expert on the Green Lantern, and I know there are plenty of other people out there who are bigger fans than I am, but you can't disagree that this could be the next big superhero movie... it's just got to get made! If we can get the word out there, then maybe hollywood will listen! Who knows, stranger things have happened before right? Well, if you agree, feel free to pass the word along, either on your own blog or by any other means you can think of.

For anyone looking for a trailer... here's what we have so far....







7 Comments Posted!:

Calista*Was*Here said...

Comics and movies...hmmm...I'm rather disappointed, but will see.

joen05 said...

Calista, you're right, it doesn't always work out... but this one might! I think it really could!

whatagem said...

Green Lantern? Ugh. I love my comics but c'mon. Go ahead and make a Super Friends movie why don't they?

One puke-green ring to rule them all...

joen05 said...

Lol, there's a lot of demand out there for this one... :-P What would you suggest?

Anonymous said...

There's a ton of fan trailers on YouTube - most aren't so hot but here's a good one Green Lantern The Movie

joen05 said...

That was pretty good anonymous! Better than the one I have up.. lol.

Anonymous said...

i think the actor you're thinking of is jim caviezel from deja vu and passion of the christ...at least thats who seems to be in your video...regardless i think that the green lantern movie is well over do...and whats wrong with a super friends movie? i know, far fetched but come on...