Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, September 30, 2007

25th Anniversary of Poltergeist!

ShowHype: hype it up!
I'm probably not the first one to report this, but this coming Thursday, October 4th, Poltergeist is returning to theatres for ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! One of the great American classic horror movies!

I saw this movie for the first time as a midnight movie the year I moved into college. Or maybe it was the second year. Anyway, I had never seen it before, and it had a subtle kind of horror At first I thought it was a little weird, but I would be interested in seeing it again. I don't think I'm gonna get the chance to, though. However, this is your chance to go out and see this movie again!

Is anyone interested in seeing this? Have you seen it? If you did, what did you think about it? Anyway, this is just a reminder for anyone who might have been thinking about seeing this movie. Hard to believe it came out for the first time in 1982! What else happened in 1982 in the movies?

The Top 5 Grossing Movies were:
  1. ET: The Extraterrestrial
  2. Tootsie
  3. Porky's
  4. An Officer and a Gentleman
  5. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
#6 was Poltergeist! Not bad huh? It grossed about 75 million, which is pretty ridiculous considering the year it was released! ET shattered things with over 450 million though. That's all for now, apologies about the lack of posting this weekend!

This video below is for my babe, you don't have to watch it if you don't want to, but it's pretty funny. (Probably NSFW)

6 Comments Posted!:

Mandy said...

Well, I like ET, An Officer & A Gentelman, & Porky's. Haven't seen Poltergeister and don't care to. I prefer to sleep soundly at night, thank you. :o)

joen05 said...

It wasn't THAT scary, just a bit creepy :-P

Test said...

Not THAT scary? I recall sleeping in my parent's bed for like 2 months after I saw that movie, LOL! I haven't seen it again since. And now that I think about it... why the heck did they let me watch it when I was 8-years-old?? :-P

Btw- that stand-up clip was really funny!! :)

joen05 said...

I remember being a little freaked out, but nothing too major. I was also 19, lol, not 8. Maybe it's time to check it out again? lol.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]kOlOXPhFuibNJ[/url] - HIcZzrHzlmjTZWPZ - http://hhmgziigpu.com

Anonymous said...

This post offers clear idea in favor of the new people of blogging, that actually how to do blogging and site-building.



Also visit my web blog ... how to detox your body