Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, August 13, 2007

WEEKLY UPDATE: At the Movies!!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Get Funky at the theatre!!! And I don't mean dance party. Even though that could be fun. I just read this article, and I'm glad to announce that my theater does not smell like feet. Rather, it boasts the pleasant aroma of popcorn, which permeates my being. Not that I don't like the smell of popcorn anymore right? I don't think I've had any in a while actually, I'm just around it too much.

A bit of defense for the theatre, they're probably not being allowed to do anything about it pending what the mall does, because it would most likely be a big expense. I think that it should be done more quickly than it is getting done though. There's no reason to subject people to foul odors when they are paying for a good experience. Did I mention I love happy bunny? I can always brighten my day by reading a few of those.

As expected, yesterday was really dead, with the movies performing as expected. Unfortunately, I did not get to catch the endings of any movies, though now that I think about it, it would have been possible for me to disappear into a movie and no one would have noticed, that's how slow it was. I'm guessing that there are some pretty funny scenes at the end of Rush Hour 3, and I will be seeing that movie on Wednesday night, so I'll provide a review of it for those of you who have not seen it yet. No complaints either. The only one actually really came from some people that I knew already, so it wasn't really that hard to deal with. They were nice to me, so its a lot easier to be accommodating!

I've still been thinking about the whole favorite movie thing, and I guess I'll start with a favorite comedy for now. Keep in mind that before I worked at the theatre, I did not see many movies, so if you have any suggestions I'd be glad to take them and try to watch the movie! If I had to pick a comedy, it would be Wedding Crashers! For those of you who haven't seen this, its Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson at their best. It really puts me in a good mood, and I think I saw it at least 3 times at the theatre! Definitely not one for the kids, its got a pretty good story and tons of laughs. You can pick it up from Amazon below if you'd like!





I've also been wanting to set some goals for this site. I want to try to have a 100 hit day soon, and get over 3000 total hits by the end of this month. Do you guys have any suggestions on how you would go about doing that? Also, how do you think I've been doing with the content? Anything you like or don't like? How about things you'd like to see here? Anything would be appreciated!

9 Comments Posted!:

Kay said...

Wedding Crashers -- nice selection! Very funny.

Sorry, I can't help you out with the increasing hits thing. If anything, I should be asking YOU for advice.

Can't wait to hear your next top movie pick!

joen05 said...

Haha, maybe we can trade advice and blog about it! We all gotta help each other out!

matt said...

I would challenge you to a blog hit day but I'm pretty sure you'd beat me hands down. I'm a sore loser. I'll figure out some crafty plans to get more people on here.

joen05 said...

Matt, you get way more comments than me I should be asking you how you do it! We should all try to help each other out and see what we can do... a blog hit day sounds fun though.

prin said...

Wedding Crashers? Really? Better than Zoolander or even Talledega Nights?

joen05 said...

Actually, I thought of another one also... dodgeball.. lol. I saw that one 5 times for sure.

Jenny Wagner said...

My advice for more traffic is this. Sign up at linkreferral.com. It's free and all you have to do is link to their site & review other people's website. It drives in a lot of traffice.
jasyjensthoughts.blogspot.com

Fletch said...

Hey - I'm definitely up for exchanging links with you (done). It looks like you're off to a good, fast start with this blog - keep it up...

KGreg said...

Yeah, I don't have a ton of tips for increasing hits either, but I'll add your link so the five people who read my blog find it. :) And I also applaud the Wedding Crashers selection.