Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, August 4, 2007

WEEKLY UPDATE: At The Movies!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Again, no spoilers here! I got to see the end of The Bourne Supremacy today. Nothing at the end of the credits, as I suspected. The crowd reaction was actually really good to this movie. I heard a lot of people say "That was awesome!" as they were leaving. Surefire good signs for this movie. Now I haven't seen it myself yet, but based on the reactions that it was getting, I think I might have to find some time to do so! Another point of note.. it was the only movie that did any business for my theatre today. Once that movie started, the crowds just ended. The weather did not help us at all, hot and humid in the low 90s here in the Boston area.

I did not get to see the end of Underdog or Hot Rod, the other two movies we got, so I can't tell you if there's anything at the end of those. Underdog did some decent business with kids, but Hot Rod was absolutely a dud, at least here. I myself have no desire to see that movie. If you really want to laugh this week when you go to the movies, I suggest the Simpsons movie, or I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. I don't see Hot Rod lasting long in theatres at all.

No real interesting stories tonight, though I'll point out that the people who come to this theatre don't seem to really care about their money. My ushers make an average of about $5 extra each night simply from bills dropped onto the floor. I'm assuming mostly kids do that, but with the price of movies these days, I would think people would hold on to their money more tightly! I'm not going to complain though, cuz I got myself a little tip tonight too.

If any of you guys have seen the new openings this weekend, or any movie recently and you'd like to share what you thought, feel free to post on your blog and I'll link to it, or you can leave me comments and I will write about it!

4 Comments Posted!:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...

Woops... Sorry.. I clicked on the little trash can.. (blushes)

Yes, you do have to watch The Bourne Ultimatum. Remember the first (Identity) had a great car chase and then the second one (Supremacy) had an even better, super awesome car chase? Well, follow the pattern.

I love it that he wins every fight ever. :D

joen05 said...

Excellent, I will make some time to do that during the week!

Simon said...

The new installment is the best so far.