Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Movies this Weekend!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Hey everyone, and welcome to another edition of Movies this Weekend! I'm your host, Joe. Just kidding, but hey it seemed like a good way to start out a post. I've been experimenting with trying to get my website hosted, and I actually got some (I paid for it) but it seems like its difficult to do with blogspot blogs. Does anybody have any experience or opinions on this? I guess it would make more sense to host my own blog, but this makes it so easy I don't know if I'd want to try..... Well I'll at least look into it and will probably eventually do it, but not right now, unless one of you have an amazing tip for me! On to the movies!

Death Sentence - Starring Kevin Bacon. From the director of Saw, this is a psychological thriller in which a man witnesses something so powerful it changes him forever. Bacon's character realizes that there are great lengths that one will go to in order to protect his family, and that there is nothing he wouldn't do to protect his own.

How I think it will do: I've heard a lot of hype surrounding this movie, and you know coming from the director of Saw that this will probably be pretty gruesome. I expect that its going to be a great action/thriller movie, with a decent showing this weekend. Definitely not for the faint of heart. If you're looking for something that will keep you on the edge of your seat.. this may not be the one for you, but it will definitely mess with your mind.






Balls of Fury - A comedy starring Christopher Walken. There's a lot going on in the world of underground ping pong, and its up to professional ping-ponger Randy Daytona to help FBI Agent Rodriguez (George Lopez) flush out one of the FBI's most wanted while reclaiming his former glory!

How I think it will do: Gonna be the replacement for Superbad this weekend. Definitely the one to see for those looking for a quick laugh. However, it hasn't received the greatest reviews. Don't expect to laugh as much as you think. It's PG-13 rating will allow for more people to go, but definitely will not leave you as satisfied as Superbad did.







Halloween - Rob Zombie's take on a classic horror movie. While following the theme of the previous Halloween movies, this one steps back and takes a look at what could have possibly happened to shape one of Hollywood's most famous psychopaths, Mike Myers.

How I think it will do: I think this movie shows a lot of promise, but it is being released at a notoriously bad time. Who really wants to watch a movie about Halloween in August? Also, studios tend to drop a lot of films that they don't think will do as well in August. It's R rating promises a devilishly good time, but will this match up to Zombie's previous offerings, The Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses? I don't think so, but I am still interested in seeing it.



My pick of the week would have to Death Sentence. It looks awesome to me. Balls of Fury is a close second for me, and I'm not sure Halloween will live up to what I think it will be. A better offering than last weekend, it still may not be strong enough to draw people out of their homes. Hey, if you can't think of anything to do, grab a few friends and go see one of these films! Balls of fury will be a great group movie!

Off to read blogs and try to figure out this whole hosting thing. Feel free to leave a tip or comment if you know something about it. I'll see you at the movies!

7 Comments Posted!:

starttothink said...

Okay, so now I have to see "War" and "Death Sentence." Both are on my list. I really liked the "Saw" movies, so I think this is my style.
I'm not a huge Bacon fan, but we'll see.

You're right about the Halloween movie in August. Had they pushed it just a month... I'd be there.
For now, well... perhaps it'll be at the dollar theater by October.

Deadpoolite said...

I'll never understand why they mess with the classics... I mean do we really need a remake of Halloween? Sigh....

Oh, wait a minute I know they are all out of good ideas:)

As long as the Kevin Bacon movie has some brains and is not gore for gore's sake I am sold:)

As for Christopher Walken I really hope this is going to be at least 'tolerably funny' because for the past few years he is been playing in totally crap movies, albeit being the best thing in them:)

Later dude, keep up the good posting!

Karen said...

Came by to say hi ! This visiting is fun. Like visiting neighbours. Well, I think www.wordpress.com allows you to start with a free blog, upload your info from blogger so you don't lose what you have written, and then pay to convert to a self-hosted wordpress version , and they will redirect your old visitors, if neccesary. That's what The Lonely Surfer is on. P'raps you can check that out ?

Calista*Was*Here said...

Hi Joen05, how r u?

Great tip about web hosting?!
Try to collect information from different sources, many of them! That will prevent a lot of mistakes.
If u have ambition to do something "big", please, don't lose your heart.

This is the best I can say right now. Maybe it's not much, but too many "intermissions" and "interactions" could only exhaust u.

Movies, yeah, will see!

Calista*Was*Here said...

Oh, yeah,
I must see your sister's blog:)

matt said...

Balls of Fury, I'm stumped on that one. No idea what to do.

joen05 said...

Looks like balls of fury came out today... was the big seller,but nothing else was new. Gonna see Death Sentence on Thursday I think!