Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Running an Online Experiment, and Movies Update!

ShowHype: hype it up!
This post got me thinking about something I'd like to try online. No, I'm not going to try stalking anyone, before any of you get any ideas. I'm not going to go into specifics about it, but if it achieves its goal in some way I will be sure to keep all of you guys informed!

Speaking of which, this blog has been part experiment, part personal itself. I know its possible to monetize a blog, and as those of you who visit this blog may know, there ARE ads on the site. I wanted to see how possible it is. As I've mentioned before, I know you have to create good content and drive traffic to your website before you can really expect any return on this. The (monetary) returns on this website have been pretty low, but that's not the whole point. I've been getting great comments, and more people are visiting, which I think in itself is an accomplishment! I actually constantly check to see if there are comments, and I always try to respond. If there is something that you would like to say to me but don't want to say it online, you can try e-mailing me. Please ask me if you would like that, since nobody likes spam. Except.. the meat. Right? lol.

On to some more relevant topics. Movies opening this week! I'll try to provide images of the more mainstream ones just for now to keep people updated, but if you'd like to see the independent ones also, please let me know and I will add those in the future. I'll also try to put them in order that'd I'd like to see most. Remember, you don't have to agree with me! I would like to know what you plan on seeing if you see something you like. :-P


The Bourne Ultimatum - Jason Bourne returns to the big screen again! I have to say that I think this series is past its prime, but who knows, I could be surprised. Still I think this is the movie that I would most likely be watching this week. There are some other contenders, but this is highest on my list. Personally, I think this is a fairly weak movie week.

Other movies this week include Underdog, Hot Rod, El Cantante, Becoming Jane, The Ten, and Bratz: The Movie. I guess it really is a pretty weak opening this weekend. I can't seem to post any more images at the moment, which is why I listed them instead.

Well, that's all for now. As always, more to come later!

10 Comments Posted!:

Technodoll said...

Oh dear... Spam isn't meat... it's some sort of godawful scientific experiment gone terribly wrong! LOL! I just had to say it out loud. sowwy.

joen05 said...

LOL yeah you're right! I particularly don't like the internet version, though. Hope you're having fun reading my blog!

matt said...

So will you pay my credit card bill if I continue to read your blog?!? So tell me what you think about the movie Rocket Science coming out soon. I love the title since I am one, ha.

joen05 said...

Haha... well I'll grant one of your requests. Look for an update as to what I think of Rocket Science tomorrow!

Paper Fan Club said...

I was thinking about seeing Hot Rod this weekend (how Super Dave Osborn is he!!), but I have an eerie feeling that all the funniest parts are in the trailer. Maybe I'll just go to the beach instead...

joen05 said...

Unfortunately that happens all too often in movies nowadays. I think that's part of the reason why people are so disappointed when they go to the movies. Hmm.. this feels like it could turn into a post, so I'll leave more for later. Thanks for the opinion though!

Daszzle said...

Hi Joen, how's the movie business? You'll have to let me know how Becoming Jane goes, I'm looking forward to it. (The Beatrix Potter movie let me know.)

Daszzle said...

I meant to say let me "down"... good thing I'm vain and read my own comments ;)

joen05 said...

Daszzle, I'll put up a little write up on Becoming Jane, with how well I think it will do, as soon as I can!

prin said...

Oooo, I might see Bourne tonight, if it's not sold out. I'll let you know how awesome it is. :D I'm a little biased because I really liked the first two... The newspaper here gave it four stars...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll rock.:D