Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Movies This Weekend! 4/25/08

ShowHype: hype it up!
Hey all! Almost done with the redesign for this blog, and I can't wait to reveal it. Hopefully this will help increase the profile of the site, so that I can help you guys promote also! Of course, you can always check out the LAMB to help promote your blog... that is, if it's a movie blog! Anyway, I know why you've come here... it's Tuesday, so that means movie previews for the weekend! This week actually features some movies that I really want to see, so I'm fairly excited!

Baby Mama - Katie Holbrook is a single, successful businesswoman, and has always put her career in front of her personal life. Now, at age 37, she is finally determine to have a child of her own. When she finds out that her chances of having a child are less than a million to one, she goes to find a surrogate mother. That mother is Angie Ostrowiski. When Angie gets pregnant, Katie goes into nesting mode, learning all she can about taking care of children, baby-proofing her home, and more. Her plans are turned upside down when her surrogate mother shows up at her doorstep without a place to live. Faced with a huge challenge, the two forces collide as Katie tries to structure Angie's life, and Angie wants none of it.

How's it gonna do? - I'm looking forward to this one, and I hope that I have the time to see it. Tina Fey has seemed to have so many hits lately, and I don't think she goes wrong with this one either. Amy Poehler as her counterpart makes it even better, as I think the two of them have some great chemistry, especially since they were both on Saturday Night Live. Look for this one to hit the number 2 spot at the Box Office this weekend!

Deception - Jonathan leads a boring life. However, things get much more exciting when he meets a lawyer named Wyatt. Jonathan soon finds that Wyatt's life is much darker than he could ever imagined, and he may be in over his head.

How's it gonna do? - To be honest, I have no idea what this movie is about,a nd I've never heard anything about it before. It does have some pretty big stars in Ewan McGregor, Michelle Williams, and Hugh Jackman. But I don't know anything else about it, so I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and hope that it appeals to some of the crowds... #4 this weekend!

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - A continuation on one of the greatest stoner movies ever. In their first adventure, they traveled all over the place to find their coveted White Castle Burgers. In their second adventure, they find themselves in trouble after sneaking on a plane to Amsterdam. Now being suspected as terrorists, they run from the law and are forced to find a way to try to clear their name. What follows is one of the funniest, most politically incorrect movies you'll find to date!

How's it gonna do? - My slam dunk pick for number 1 this weekend. I loved the first one, and it always seems to come out when I'm quoting something funny. I think it's rated R... I can't tell from its page on Rotten Tomatoes, but I think it will help this one, like Superbad. In fact, that's the movie I'd compare it to most when it comes to recent movies. I hope that it will perform as well as Superbad, because we need another good comedy... at least I need one!

That's it for the movies this weekend.... I can't wait for two of them. The ones that I actually knew something about, lol. Anything you're looking forward to this weekend?

Images from this post come from Movie Poster dot Com.

1 Comments Posted!:

Fletch said...

I'm probably most looking forward to Deception, but considering the lack of buzz (with those stars), I'm worried that it must be bad.

I STILL have not seen the first Harold & Kumar. Yeah, I suck. Gotta watch the first, then catch the second in the theater.

Baby Mama - meh.