Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, March 3, 2008

Not As Easy as You Think...

ShowHype: hype it up!
Phew. I just put together a barstool (kinda like this one on the left), and let me tell ya, that was a heckuva lot more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I was actually proclaiming it to be "impossible". Well, I was wrong about that, but it definitely wasn't easy. Swivel barstools shouldn't be that hard to put together, but .... yeah.

What made it so difficult is that you have to actually swivel the chair and hold onto it while screwing the base in. I figured that since most barstools swivel pretty easily, that the swivel part would be easy to hold. I was definitely wrong. It was a two person job, maybe even three people if you don't have a strong person to hold it together while the other people screw the screws in.

The part that made it frustrating was that after I sat down in it... it swiveled very easily. Why couldn't it be like that when I was building it!?! It's worth it though, it looks great at our kitchen island. I'll post up some pictures of the house when its all cleaned up. It's a little embarrassing how messy it is now... lol.

I was also wondering... would anyone be interested in having the Tuesday movie release update as a newsletter? I can still post it here also, but the newsletter could have more interesting tidbits... like a trivia section.. or contests! Let me know if you guys have any ideas about that. I've been toying around with the idea, I think it could be fun!

The bills are coming in for the new house. Home ownership is expensive, even if you only own 25%. lol.

1 Comments Posted!:

Unknown said...

danggg it was like me putting together the cage. not fun. and i didn't succeed at all. if you walk downstairs you will see that the bunny is living in a very unsafe enviornment.