Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, February 25, 2008

Hi Honey, I'm Home!

ShowHype: hype it up!
I've said that every single day when I've gotten home this past week. Some of you who still read this blog may wonder where I've been. I'm sure you haven't, but I'm going to tell you anyway. My family and I have just moved into our new home, and let me tell ya, it's been a trip and a half. We weren't really prepared to move, having lived in our apartment for the past 15 or so years. Needless to say, it's taken us forever to move!

Glad to report that we are just about done though, and with that, I can return to a more normal blogging schedule.

I meant to give you guys a review of the latest movie I've seen. Now don't criticize me, but I really enjoy these types of movies for some reason. The last movie I saw was Step Up 2. I thought it was really well done, and the choreography and music were excellent. For those of you who don't know, Step Up 2 follows the story of Andie, a dancer from the streets who gets accepted into the prestigious Maryland School for the Arts.

Andie is not your typical student at this particular school. She doesn't fit in, having not had much professional training. What drives her is her crew, and competing at the streets. However, the headmaster at her new school wants to taker her under his wing, and train her so that she can become the dancer that he sees so much potential in. This brings about conflicts with her Crew, as Andie begins to be late and even miss rehearsals for them. Not being able to deal with her anymore, she is kicked out of her crew.

Dejected, Andie struggles to deal with her new surroundings. There are people at school who are willing to help her, and they even begin to form their own crew. After a failed performance at a club, they come into school to find their studio vandalized. Now, they must try even harder to keep things together, as Andie gets expelled, and their new crew loses their morale.

No spoilers, as usual. Now this is definitely not an oscar winning performance by any means... and you'll get my Oscar feedback soon enough. But if you like dance, then I can suggest this movie! 6.5 out of 10, a decent film overall.

Lots of stuff happening, I'll be sure to keep you guys posted! More to come soon.

1 Comments Posted!:

Mandy said...

Glad you're all moved in!