Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, January 11, 2008

You Ever Watch a Movie Because

ShowHype: hype it up!
You knew it would impress the person that you're with? I'm guilty of that sometimes. In fact, my first "date" movie was Save the Last Dance. That's something that I definitely wouldn't have seen on my own, but you know what... just about every girl I've dated has seen that movie and loved it. They also seem to like the fact that I've seen the movie. I also might own it. But I'm not going to admit to that.

I'm sure that some of you know that once you start a relationship, it's now a couples decision as to what movie you see (if you go to the movies). I'll admit that sometimes I'm not a huge fan of the movies I see, but sometimes I do end up watching movies that I never would've watched on my own, and actually enjoy them. I know that I'll probably get some crap for this, but chick flicks aren't bad all the time.

Some movies that I enjoyed that I wouldn't have seen otherwise:
  • This Christmas
  • Save the Last Dance
  • Step Up
  • Madea's Family Reunion
  • Diary of a Mad Black Woman
I think that the next movie I'm going to tentatively see is going to be 27 Dresses. My girlfriend really wants to see it. Here's the trailer:



What do you think? I told her that I wouldn't see it until she wore a dress. lol. I've never seen her in a dress so I think it's a fair trade!

Anyway, have you discovered any gems because you ended up watching a movie that you never thought you would, but did because you wanted to go out with or impress someone else?

5 Comments Posted!:

KGreg said...

I'm pretty sure my bf only watched "Love Actually" to impress me (and because there's nudity), but now it's an all-time favorite for both of us and several other guys I know. It doesn't get more chick flick than that.

Mandy said...

I want to see 27 Dresses but my hubby has no desire...we'll see if I can twist his arm hard enough...

And as for a movie I didn't originally want to see but it didn't turn out half bad...Transformers.

joen05 said...

Guess I'm not alone here... anyone else?

I like Love Actually too. :-P

Mandypoo, I'll review 27 Dresses with an emphasis on why guys should see it. lol.

DeeDubya said...

Ive done the opposite and tried to show people films that I think they'd really like and read them completely wrong. I dont see the point in taking someone to a film I dont think either of us will like.

And thanks for the comments, Im back blogging after the holiday break!

Rafael said...

If your starting to date a new person then I think a chick flick would be all right. After that you need to let that person know what types of movies you like.