Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Movies this Weekend! 1/11/08

ShowHype: hype it up!
Hi everyone, I meant to post something yesterday but I fell asleep. I'll save that post for... tomorrow? I've got to feature another blog... and I'm going to pick one from that comments post I left a while back. Don't you wish you commented? No? :-( Fine! Lol.. just kidding. Again, I appreciate all of you, and I'm going to do my best to try to revive this blog. But I can't do it alone! I need all of you to continue reading and letting me know what is good and what is not...I don't write just for myself, but for you as well.

My internet is not cooperating too well right now, so let's get to the movies. I'll update with poster pictures later!

The Bucket List - A comedy/drama starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. These two men play two guys who are getting close to death... so they create a Bucket List... A list of things to do before you kick the bucket. Against the orders of their doctor, they check out of the hospital and start to discover themselves, travelling all around the world, and doing many crazy things. They soon learn that it's never really too late to start living your life, and sometimes you just need to set a deadline in order to get things done.

In the Name of the King - A Dungeon Seige tale featuring Jason Statham. Directed by our favorite video game to movie director Uwe Boll, this movie tells the story of peasant who is drafted into war after an evil sorceror threatens their kingdom. As the King and his loyal magus begin to get overrun, Statham's character and two loyal friends trek on a dangerous resuce mission to save their kingdom.

First Sunday - Starring Tracy Morgan, Katt Williams, and Ice Cube. Two guys are small time criminals find themselves with a few days to pay $17,000 of debt or Durell (Cube) will lose his son. To come up with the money, the two come up with a scheme to rob the local church, only to find that someone has done it before them, and they are forcd to go and try to solve the mystery. Faced with more than they can deal with, hilarity ensues as the duo try to weasel themselves out of their own situations.

Nothing too spectacular this weekend, I think that I might see In the Name of the King, though it is a very long movie and I probably won't have time. First Sunday might be a good screening movie, and I know that I've had the stupid trailer stuck in my head for weeks now as we constantly play it at the theatre!

Do you guys plan on seeing any of these movies?

6 Comments Posted!:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah! uwe boll. I can't understand why the movie studio and games studios allow him to make movies of potentially great titles.

The Bucket List I will get to at some point.

Rafael said...

Bucket List was awesome

joen05 said...

I think they let Uwe continually make movies for the laugh factor. lol.

I'm intrigued by the bucket list. Maybe we get it and I can watch it. :-)

Unknown said...

I reckon the Bucket List sounds cool. Might catch that. Uncle Jack's a good reason to go for.

Mandy said...

I'll probably watch The Bucket List...Morgan Freeman & Jack Nicholson are both great actors so it can't be bad, right?

joen05 said...

Seems like we got a lot of votes for The Bucket List. Perhaps it will be busier than I thought. Will let you guys know.