Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Top 5 Reasons for Working at the Movies

ShowHype: hype it up!
Some of you may be wondering why I love working at the movies. I have another job that pays pretty well, and if you haven't noticed recently, it takes time away from my blogging. However, I think it's worth it for many reasons! I've been working there for about 6 years now, and while it can be a drag sometimes, here are few reasons why I continue to do it:

  1. Free Movies - This has got to be my favorite! I get to see pretty much every movie that comes out, granted I take the time to go out and see it, or stay late to screen it on a thursday night. It's that feeling of exclusivity that comes with a private screening that makes it all worth it. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Just kidding, but it does mean that I can write about a movie before it comes out generally.
  2. Great Friends - I have made so many great friends over the year. I've met someone who can tell me just about any sports fact relating to Boston Sports. I've met people who have provided me with my other job. And most importantly, I've met the girl of my dreams there. Who would've thought you could meet so many people at the movies?
  3. Life Experiences - Now you might think that this one is bit crazy, but I can tell you its true. You experience a ton of things, such as being so busy you think you might collapse, to historical events, like the world premiere of Fever Pitch. It's not often you get to hang with the Red Sox after they won the world series!
  4. It's not that hard - While sometimes you want to rip your hair out, the job's not all that difficult. You come to work to enjoy yourself, and to make other people happy. Hopefully you can succeed at that without someone yelling at ya, but that's not always the case. In any case, it's not that hard to do. You do your job, and you will be fine.
  5. You've always got a story to tell - Something is always happening at the movies! Without it, how would I be able to write about some of the stuff that I write about here? It's also got me stores that can crack people out, and others that will just shock or gross someone out!
Well, there it is, my top 5 reasons for still working at the movies. I don't know how much longer I will be doing it, but as long as I am, I'll enjoy it. I hope to see you all at the movies soon!

I'll get the action rolling again soon.. just been really busy lately!

8 Comments Posted!:

Calista*Was*Here said...

Hello, Joen05!

I guess I stop by on time:)
and read something interesting about you.

It's really fulfilling if you do something you REALLY like!
That means you are happy when you go to work.

And your blog reflects that; you're merry person!

Keep it that way and find a good house!

Bye!

matt said...

Got my job beat, hands down.

Mandy said...

I can see how getting the early preview on movies is a definite plus to your job. I wish I got to see all the movies that I actually wanted to!

Calista*Was*Here said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day my friend!

Have a good time with your family and girlfriend and enjoy delicious and healthy meal!

whatagem said...

I used to wish I could work at a video store. The hours are better and all those people seem to do is watch movies all day long.

I have NetFlix now. I guess I'll have to abandon my dream

Stephanie said...

My ex boyfriend was an accountant, but worked at Blockbuster at night. He originally took the job while in college, but the movie perks were so good he kept the job working one night a week, so we could still rent free movies. :) So I agree, it's a great reason to work in the movies.

I'm curious...did you look at my pictures? I posted them.

Fletch said...

I might join you sooner or later in this line or work (as a second job). The financial benefits would be worth it alone...

joen05 said...

Woohoo! Thanks to all the commenters on this post!

@Calista, the house is almost done!

@Matt... you work at NASA. That pulls in way more chi... women.

@Mandypoo, movies in the Boston area anytime you are around is on me! :-)

@Whatagem, you never know, it could still happen!

@skittle, I know, I started this in high school and haven't stopped since. I tried to look at your pictures but the site was down?

@fletch... do it! I realized I still need to get those LAMB ideas over to you. will do that ASAP!