Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Movies this Weekend!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Wow, I've been so busy with other things that I almost forgot about this! But I didn't. November looks like its going to bring us less movie releases, but that could be a good thing. It should mean more quality product... hopefully. Well, here we go for this weekend:

American Gangster - Based on the powerful true story of Frank Lewis. Frank was a driver for one of the most powerful crime bosses in Harlem. When his boss suddenly dies, Frank takes advantage of the gap in power to take power and begins to build his empire. In addition to taking control of the drug trade, he becomes one of the most respected civic authorities in the city. In the meantime, Robert Crowe plays an officer who is close enough to the streets to sense a shift in the power. He suspects that a powerful black man is climbing his way to power. Their paths become intertwined, and they meet in a confrontation that only one can win.

How I think it will do - Historical dramas are not really my thing, but they tend to do pretty well at the box office, especially when they are centered around a certain area. This movie should do especially well in the New York Area. 2nd in the week I think. The trailer does look really good.

The Martian Child - Based on the novel by David Gerrold. John Cusack plays a recent widow who forms a relationship with a close friend and adopt a child who claims to be from Mars. Against the advice of his wife's sister, a series of strange occurrances leads them to believe that his claim may be true.

How I think it will do - I don't see this film performing particularly well. It has an interesting concept, but may be a bit too out there for a mainstream romantic drama. It should break the top 5 but just barely.




Bee Movie - A CG movie featuring a bee voiced by Jerry Seinfeld. Barry B. Benson is disappointed that he has only one career choice, and that is in honey. As he ventures out, he makes contact with a human and realizes that humans have been stealing the bees honey and eating it. He finds a new calling, and that is suing humans for stealing the bee's honey for all these centuries.

How I think it will do - These types of movies always do well, and I like Seinfeld, so I think that this one will do very well. It's definitely going to compete for #1 and I think that this will make it. It's the one that I want to see this weekend. Lots of happy kids and their parents will drive this one to the top.




More movies this weekend! Limited!!!!

Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten
Diva
Sharkwater
Fat Girls
Darfur Now
Quantum Hoops

Well, thats all for this week. Which one are you going to see?

2 Comments Posted!:

Daszzle said...

Definitely Martian Child... I always love me some John Cusak. The man never gets old... or too old rather. ;)

Mandy said...

I'm looking forward to American Gangster. Hopefully it will be good!!!