Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, September 24, 2007

Top 5 Ways to get.....

ShowHype: hype it up!
the bootthe Boot. From a movie theatre. That I can think of right now anyway. Luckily, I've only had to do this a few times, but sometimes, its just that satisfying. :-) We'll start with an honorable mention, being the one that I kicked some kids out for yesterday!

Honorable Mention: Pulling the plugs on the video games, then running into a movie you didn't have tickets for. When you're the only ones in the lobby.

How far did these kids make it? They didn't even get to sit down. I was going to let them get away with the video games until they ran into a Rated R movie. Me and one of my staff leads kicked them out so fast, they barely had time to get a refund. The high point of this one is that just before this happened, one of the girls decided to run across the lobby, tripped on her own feet, and face planted, spraying the contents of her purse across the lobby. The 14-16 year old crowd remains some of my least favorite ever. Now onto the list:
  1. Start a Fight - I'm not going to have any sympathy for someone that does this. Once (I wasn't working) and a guy decided that the guy behind him was kicking his seat and decided to show off. Threatening someone by taking off your belt while your girlfriend is screaming stop is not cool. Then going out to blame it on the other guy doesn't help either. You're outta there, buddy.
  2. Be on drugs - You always know these people before they even approach you. Hey.. note to those out there who decide to do this... we can SMELL it on you. Now this one won't directly get you kicked out, but it's one of the main things that leads to trouble, and thus, getting you kicked out. Hint: Go to midnight movies. Everyone is drunk or high.
  3. Sneaking into a movie - These people might think its really cool to get their friends to sneak em in the back but guess what... you usually get caught. And that's an automatic boot, sometimes sans refund. Running and lying will not help you either. I boot a few every month for this very reason.
  4. Talk during the movie - Sometimes this is ok, but most of the time its not. If you're one of those people who need to do this, find either a show that is not busy, or a really good home theatre system and invest in Netflix. I hate booting these people because they usually cause a scene in addition to the trouble they already caused. Same for the drunks.
  5. YOUR CELL PHONE - The granddaddy of em all. I don't care if you have a cool cell phone with a cute ring tone. Leave it in the car or turn it off before you get in. At least use vibrate or something that won't cause a lot of noise. And for chrissakes... don't TALK ON IT DURING THE MOVIE.
There's my short list.. I'm sure there's more that I haven't thought about, but I'll leave that up to you! What would you kick someone out of the movies for?

Deedubya over at The Blog of Lists has added this one...



I guess I'll also provide my update on TV shows here too. Can't wait for House to start tomorrow, and Bones too. I've been getting into those two a lot. House is from before, and Bones is new.. just started watching the reruns over the summer. I also really enjoyed Kitchen Nightmares, but you guys already know about my thing for Hell's Kitchen. K-ville is not bad, and neither is Prison Break.

I should be watching Monday Night Football, but alas no cable.

I've been moving things around and getting rid of some things on this site. Hopefully I haven't thrown people off too much. I've also been trying to keep up with the blogs, but there are so many to read, while trying to promote my own. (Sometimes I'm selfish, I know)

Has anyone had any hits through Blogrush yet? It's supposedly helping some people out, but I always see negative credits.

That's all for now, more soon! Like.. tomorrow or something :-)

8 Comments Posted!:

Calista*Was*Here said...

Oh, it's so embarrassing getting the boot from a movie theater!
I have never experienced that!
I hope, I wouldn't.
I behave:)

Prison Break?! Like it, like it!!!

DeeDubya said...

There's also getting your video camera equipment out during the film, that'll get you kicked out. (btw this is not from experience)

this is a great sketch about not even getting that far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8No35aomeok

Deadpoolite said...

Doing the chicken dance in front of the rest of the spectators...

Stripping in the sound of "I touch myself" during a rom com viewing...

Laughing at someone's misfortune on screen when everyone else sympathizes with him

Shooting that guy with pumped up afro who sits up front and hides the screen for the rest of the viewers...

Taking pics of that couple that is making out in the back row...

The list is truely endless:)

joen05 said...

Great stuff DP, makes me think I should write a post about what people would do to get kicked out, haha.

Stephanie said...

My sisters and I don't ever call my mom more than once, because if she happened to be in a movie & we called twice, she would answer! It's so rude, and yet mom is oblivious.

joen05 said...

All I have to do is call once and my dad will pick up. I called once to see if he had made it, only to find out he was practically screaming into his phone while IN THE MOVIE. I was so embarrassed.. especially since I was working.

Editing Luke said...

good list! and that video, haha, hilarious! being a university student myself, it's hilarious how much you can sometimes get away with just by saying that you want to do something for school. brilliant!

Anonymous said...

nice article. I would love to follow you on twitter.