Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Movies this Weekend!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Finally got through that fiasco of what happened with my blog earlier. Just in time to get this post. Three major releases this week, and a few limited releases that are pretty highly touted. Without further ado, here we go!

The Kingdom Movie PosterThe Kingdom - When a terrorist bomb goes off in a western housing compound in Saudi Arabia, an international incident is ignited. While the diplomats are slow to work, FBI Agent Ronald Fleury (Jamie Foxx) and his team (Chris Cooper and Jennifer Garner) attempts a secret trip behind enemy lines to find the people behind the bombing. Upon their arrival, they find the Saudis to be unwelcoming to them, as they consider it an internal issue. The Saudis want to find the terrorist themselves, without the FBI's help. However, with the help of a Saudi Colonel, they weave through the politics and find themselves in a deadly confrontation with the killer.

How I think it will do - Pretty major star power behind this one, and everyone I've spoken to is excited about this movie. I think it's going to be great, the number one movie this weekend. It's a powerful topic, which will only help it at the box office. Reminds me of Black Hawk Down, which I also really enjoyed.





The Game Plan Movie PosterThe Game Plan - The "greatest quarterback of all time" Joe Kingman has it all. A great career, a great home...... and a new daughter?!? A family comedy showing the antics of a man who might not be ready to be the father to a girl who claims to be his daughter.

How I think it will do - Like Vin Diesel in "The Pacifier", this is The Rock's foray into family comedy. Having a great sense of humor, I think he can make this movie succeed. The previews are decent, though I am afraid it may have shown all the funny parts. However, he does play for the Boston Rebels, and Boston is awesome. So this movie will do well.








Feast of Love Movie PosterFeast of Love - A modern version of A Midsummer Night's Dream, starring Morgan Freeman, Greg Kinnear, Selma Blair, and more. Local professor Harry Stevensen watches as love causes mischief among the people of the town. All of their stories intertwine into one romantic tale. From acclaimed director Robert Benton.

How I think it will do - I think this one could do ok. From the synopsis I've read, it reminds me most of Love Actually. Without the holiday theme though, I don't know how well this one will do. I don't think it will do as well as Love Actually. My prediction is #3 for the major releases.






In addition to these movies, the Darjeeling Limited is opening. Also opening is the controversial Lust, Caution. From director Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain), this one scored an NC-17 rating, which means that it won't show up at most theatres. If anyone does see it, let me know how it is, and I will even post your review here. Another highly anticipated film opening limited is In the Valley of Elah, which stars Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron, and is directed by Paul Haggis.

Well, that's all for now! I'm going to continue trying to recover the lost elements of my blog.. and try to catch up on reading! See you all at the movies!

0 Comments Posted!: