Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, September 17, 2007

Movie News and Tidbits!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Hi Everyone! So instead of calling this writer's block, we'll give a little look into what's happening in the movies today. Of course, I'm no expert at doing this, most of my information comes from IMDB.com. However, for a daily dose of hollywood news, feel free to check out It's all good... Gossip! That site is updated several times daily with the latest happenings in Hollywood. That being said, here we go!

My Canadian readers out there, did any of you happen to check out the Toronto International Film Festival? If you did, and feel like writing a post about it, I can feature it here on my blog if you'd like, or link to it on yours! At the Festival, (From IMDB) Canadian film director David Cronenberg's homecoming was a winning one - he scored the top prize at this year's Toronto International Film Festival. Cronenberg's new movie Eastern Promises was honored with the People's Choice Award - which is elected by film fans. Festival director Piers Handling says, "It's great that it's a Canadian film by one of our monsters." Cronenberg was at the film's festival premiere with his leading man and lady Viggo Mortensen and Naomi Watts.

Anyone been following the battle between Kanye West and 50 Cent? Well... looks like they're both just looking for ammunition to use against each other.
Rapper 50 Cent has hit back at Kanye West for criticizing Britney Spears' lackluster performance at the MTV Video Music Awards, insisting the hip-hop star should not take out his anger on the troubled singer. West recently slammed MTV's decision to let Spears open Sunday's awards ceremony ahead of himself, claiming the hitmaker was "not ready" to make her pop comeback. But 50 Cent believes West is just jealous of all the attention Spears has been receiving. He tells radio host Ryan Seacrest: "(West) was upset, he's not used to being recognized. Period. Kanye expressed that he felt that Britney shouldn't be actually opening the show - almost like he forgot that Britney Spears sold 50 million records. She did. He is not thinking about her full body of work. She deserved to headline the show better than anybody else that was on it - even in the state that she is in. (IMDB)
Maybe Harry Potter fans will be getting some wild pictures and stories online of their favorite hero:
Daniel Radcliffe regrets not going wild when he turned 18 - vowing to make sure his 21st birthday will be a "a more raucous affair." The Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix actor's 18th birthday in July was a low-key celebration - he spent the day watching the cricket. But admits his next milestone birthday will be wild. The star told British radio station Heart: "I'm certain my 21st will be a more raucous affair than my 18th, I hope so anyway, why not? I'm not going to go off the rails though. I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and won't get embroiled in any of that."

Should be a great party! How about an invite Daniel?? I promise I will live blog if I am there! Just kidding, as famous* as I am, I probably won't get that invite :-(.

On another note, I just saw on the news that a child recently had "Red Sox Suck" written on an autograph from a Yankee player. I'm a huge Red Sox fan, and while I don't like the Yankees, I don't see any Red Sox players doing this. This kid was a Red Sox fan, and a kid at that. What kind of player gets kicks from writing that on a CHILD's autograph. Despicable.

Well that kinda really got me going off topic, but movies aren't the only thing I'm passionate about, I guess. This weekend looks to be a lot better for movies, with some bigger movies heading out to theatres. It's kinda sad when I look at my box office widget and see 13.5 million for the #1 movie on the weekend. There are so many factors that go against the industry when it comes to getting people in there! Don't you want to see my smiling face? :-D Well, if any of you stop by the Boston area, I'll see what I can do for you! Just drop me a line before you come :-).

AAAANNND for anyone who missed the Emmy's:



My fire alarms have been going off. Guess this blog is too hot to handle. Better stop here before the house burns down.

*Please see previous post for disclaimer. 2 in a row! :-)

5 Comments Posted!:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I got your comment on my blog earlier. Sure, let's exchange links. I've added a link to your blog on mine. Please do the same as "John's Movie Blog". The address is http://moviejohn.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
John

J.D. said...

And I have linked you. :)

Calista*Was*Here said...

I'm really glad that movies are not the only thing u r passionate about!
When I visited u for first time, your post was not about movies, that's how I remembered u.

Anyway, I like to read every of your topics.

Bye!

Unknown said...

I loves Family Guy! Incidentally, Daniel Radcliffe deciding to go wild at a future date is celebrity gossip gone mad.

See Superbad yet? A suprisingly scathing review here...
http://johnskibeat.blogspot.com/

Mandy said...

Since Skittle, Whatagem, & I are famous now, maybe we'll get an invite to Radcliff's 21st...

I'll keep you posted. ;o)