Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, August 20, 2007

WEEKLY UPDATE: At The Movies!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Don't you ever want to wring the neck of someone who comes up to you at work and berates you for no reason? Imagine getting the same thing from a kid who is a good 5 years younger than you. Have you ever gone to the movies and seen this here poster on the right? I'm sure you have at some point, and if you haven't you have now! :-)

I wish people would follow it! I posted in a recent blog entry about the Rated R policy. Chaseblogger agrees with me.Well today at work I had to deal with it again, this time while selling tickets. Most memorable moment was when a girl who I had just rejected for tickets (she had no ID) to Superbad. She comes back out with an ID, one that is clearly not hers, and asks to exchange her ticket. I told her that it wasn't her ID and that she wouldn't get a ticket. I could tell she was getting mad, so I decided to quiz her.

"What is your birthday?" I asked. "April 15th!" is what she basically screamed in my face. I hesitated a second, then calmly said "Well, that's not what it says on YOUR id." The next word out of her mouth was a four letter word that will not be repeated here. Needless to say I had embarrassed her thoroughly, and took great pleasure in doing so. People in line were yelling at her to stop wasting time and trying to sneak in. It made me feel a little good about myself haha.

She proceeded to call her friends out and say that she got busted, to put it shortly. She then made it a point to tell me she would be visiting another local theatre, because they don't check IDs there. Fine with me, I wouldn't want her kind at my theatre anyway. I did notice something yesterday when I was watching Superbad myself. The crowd was very well behaved, and people were enjoying themselves. I think this is because my theatre does such a good job with enforcement of the policy. We didn't have any immature 15 and 16 year olds in there causing disturbances. People were there for the movie, not to think they were cool by sneaking in.

Think about it.. have you been to a theatre where they didn't ID? At my previous one we didn't really do all that much, and I noticed the crowds were much rowdier. Not that I mind a rowdy crowd when it comes to a movie like Superbad, but it was really pleasant yesterday and I enjoyed myself.

Point of the story is, I don't like being harassed by someone who is much younger than me and doesn't know the rules. I was their age once and I understand how they feel to a point, but if you're gonna be a little brat and I'm right, then I will embarrass you, and in this case it was in front of at least 30 other people.

Another plus, my theatre has gone back to fall hours, so we closed early today. And I am still up late. Some things never change.

This weekend was good for movies. As mentioned before, there is something during the credits of Superbad that is worth watching, I didn't get to see any of The Invasion though, so I don't know anything about the credits for that one. Any of you go this weekend?

I'm off to catch up on some of your blogs!

13 Comments Posted!:

Daszzle said...

Ick, sorry for that Joen... I guess kids will be kids, but they don't have to be mega-bratz while they're at it.

matt said...

I like how the perv and kinky couple are going to the nc-17 movie...i've used someone else's license to sneak into R movies before. i'm bad to the bone

joen05 said...

If she could have remembered the birthday, she would've been golden... too bad she couldn't. haha.

Paper Fan Club said...

There is SOME irony in the fact that the girl got kicked out for having a fake ID when the premise of Superbad is a bunch of underage guys trying to score booze with a fake ID... :)

joen05 said...

lol yes there is.. but the thing is the ID was NOT fake. It was her friend's (Which I had seen minutes before) so I knew it wasn't hers. haha.

Technodoll said...

bah when the movie is out on DVD in a month, it's all moot - so what's the hussy's problem, eh? Tsk. Down with adolescence!! :-D

prin said...

One time, when I was 18 and the guy I was with was 16, we went to a 16+ movie (here it's 16, not 17), and we got carded and didn't have any ID on us, so we didn't get to see the movie. lol

Anonymous said...

i think your attack on teenagers is your way of saying you hate me, joan. ;)

Kay said...

Your story reminds me of this one time that I went to see Oliver Stone's Alexander with my little brother. At the time, I was 20 and he was 17 and the movie was rated R. They asked to see my ID, and I couldn't find it because my purse was so big and had so many pockets. My brother quickly pulled out his driver's license and showed it to the theater employee. The employee was like "OK miss, you can go with him because he's 17." It was really funny.

You were smart to ask the girl her birthday. I have a friend who's a bouncer at a club who asks people what their astrological sign is. If the person hesitates even the slightest bit before answering, he knows they're lying.

joen05 said...

It's fun to do sometimes, especially when they make such a big deal about it. I have to bring joy to myself somehow while I'm at work, lol.

Karen said...

Love the post ! Unfortunately, I've reached the age when people get FLATTERED when they are asked for ID !!

And unfortunately also, people are rude everywhere and at all ages. I hope she doesn't grow up to be a rude middle-aged lady, but she just well might.

Calista*Was*Here said...

You have so many good qualities, Joen05!

joen05 said...

Unfortunately, a lot of people do think they deserve everything... I don't know whats up with their attitudes sometimes.