Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Movies this weekend, and Hell's Kitchen

ShowHype: hype it up!
Well, I finally got the banner at the top the way I wanted. Simple, but it conveys the image of the blog somewhat. lol. Well, last night's episode of Hell's Kitchen was disappointing in so many ways. I mean, it was great, but I was so sure it was the last episode for the season that it left me feeling empty. How much more drama could they create? I mean what about these for example:

  • The owner of the Green Valley Ranch picking Bonnie's dish over Rock's.
  • That it actually took all 7 judges to make that decision. Bonnie clearly had it won. I know it's TV though, and so that had to be done.
  • Julia not feeling good about being back. She had a great run... but there was no real chance for her. If she goes to school and comes back next season I think she will probably win it though, Ramsay loves her.
  • And finally, the teams are Girls v. Guys again. BUT Julia wants Rock to win. Dun Dun Dun.....
That's not to say that I won't be watching it next week. Because I definitely will.

Well, on to movie openings for the week. It's pretty early, but here's what we've got!















Stardus
t - This movie looks really interesting to me, but that could be because I like sci-fi and fantasy. It's about a guy who goes after a fallen star in order to woo the girl he loves. I know it sounds cheesy, but it looks like the special effects are going to be good, and I'm a big fan of that. That being said, I don't think it'll be the big movie of the week, especially since it has to follow up Harry Potter. But, who knows, maybe those potter fans who aren't kids will come out to see this one. I see it being a pleasant surprise.

Skinwalkers - This one could be cool too. This one is about a boy and a mother who get caught between two different werewolf packs, both of which have different plans for them. Again, this one appeals to me because of the fantasy/sci-fi theme. However, I don't think this will do that well, nor do I think my theatre will get it. PG-13, so no extreme violence.

Daddy Day Camp - A Wednesday opening this week, I think it's really strange. I think Eddie Murphy didn't come back for a reason. It's going to be one for the kids, but there is still too much competition out there, with Ratatouille still out, along with Harry Potter. This just doesn't appeal to me. It's sure to have moments, but I think they're probably all in the commercials.

And now for the movie I'm most likely going to be seeing this week, because the girl wants to see it issssss....Rush Hour 3. Probably going to be one of the bigger performers this weekend due to the popularity of previous installments, and because it will be funnier than Daddy Day Camp. I should also mention that Rocket Science opens this week, which I've written about before. Well, since its the movie I'm most likely going to be seeing this week, here's a preview for all you guys!


0 Comments Posted!: