Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lobsters!

ShowHype: hype it up!
I know this blog is supposed to be about movies, but yesterday I had an incredible day and I spent it away from the theatre. I actually haven't worked at the theatre since Thursday night. It's been a much needed break.

Anyway, the company I work for during the day gave a way a bunch of these incredible creatures you see on the left here. LOBSTERS!! The annual company picnic will be something I look foward too every single year now. I have never seen so much free food, drinks (all kinds) and games/rides before ever. It made for a great day.

Afterwards, went to a party that the group was having, and had a good time there too. Lots of stories told and drunken behavior from a lot of people (not me! I was driving!) Then it was off to meet the girl's friends at Boston Bowl. I bowled my best game ever! A 128! Haha, I know its not that great, but if you don't believe me I have proof right here:

There you go, proof! After that, it was off to dinner at the Olive Garden. Pretty decent food, but a long long wait. Overall, a very enjoyable day. It was nice to get away from theatres for a few days.

But of course, its back to work again tonight! Reading over several websites and other blogs, it seems like it wasn't that great a weekend for movies, gross wise. Stardust disappointed at the box office, looking to earn less than $10 million overall. Rush Hour 3 was the big hit of the weekend, as I had expected, but still looking at less than $30 million this weekend. Bourne is once again holding strong.

Mother Nature looks like she took her effect on the box office! It's amazing how much the weather affects how well movies perform. Today is looking like a nice day, so I'll expect a slow evening. Ohh, that's another tip. If you don't want to see a movie when its busy, pick a nice day! People don't tend to go to the movies as much when its nice out, so its much slower and tends to be very quiet.

Sorry about the lack of blogging this weekend. I'll try to ramp it up a bit, including answering this question: What is my favorite movie?

Well.. what are YOUR favorite movies? I don't think this is going to be a one movie thing for me, because there are so many to pick from! Off to get ready for work now though, I will provide a weekend update tomorrow!

4 Comments Posted!:

Daszzle said...

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend! It sounds like it was fantastic!

Favorite movie you say... hmm I'll go with Man in the Moon for now, but it really depends on my mood.

joen05 said...

It was a great weekend! Maybe I'll post some more pictures. I wish everyone could at least get to see the picnic!

Daszzle said...

That sounds fabulous :)

prin said...

Hmm... my faves? In no particular order, here are some off the top of my head..

Elizabeth
The Notebook
Garden State
Little Miss Sunshine
Christmas Vacation
Stranger than Fiction

Hmm... That's all I can think of right now... ;)