Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Crawl the Web

ShowHype: hype it up!

You'd be surprised at the amount of articles that you can read in one day while you're at work, and the different things the internet can get you to look at and consider. This is probably part of the reason why online blogs are so popular, and sites like digg.com can live on despite some potentially fatal issues. I, for one thought that digg might have been through after this, but I am very glad that they're still up and running.

One of the things I've run into this morning is an article on space trash. This caught my mind because I saw it on the news last night also. It made me think about the problems with overflowing landfills in the world. The article states that NASA expects the ammonia tank to burn up in the Earth's atmosphere (in 330 days). Wouldn't our every day household trash burn up as well if we brought it into space and threw it back at the earth? I realize that it may not be cost effective at this point in time, but it could be something to consider as we move along. Also looks like the astronaut who disposed of the tank threw quite the fastball. I should mention that the image here comes from NASA.

Speaking of fastballs, I'd like to acknowledge the return of Jon Lester to my beloved Boston Red Sox. It was great seeing him win after almost a year, and even better to see how happy his family was while he pitched. I was actually AT the first game that Jon pitched in the big leagues, and its great to see him come back. Hopefully his return will help turn the Sox around and we can win another world series....

Its also good to see a hero of a different sort, especially for all you Harry Potter fans out there. The new book is doing incredibly well around the world (duh), but I'm afraid I'm still one book behind. In any case, I'd better be getting back to reading this programming guide for work. All the rest of you can go back to reading Harry Potter :-). Those of you who don't have it yet can buy it here!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)

1 Comments Posted!:

matt said...

Enjoyed the post. I can relate to it very well, in that I do nothing at work. I mean nothing. Thats why I started my blog. Would've waited till work to read this but it looked good. Will read the rest during the pay period to waste time.
www.mattmadeit.blogspot.com