Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, August 20, 2007

Writer's Block!

ShowHype: hype it up!
It has happened. I have writer's block. I guess it happens to the best of us. Maybe by writing this post, I can get past it. Kinda weird, I wrote writer's blog instead of writer's block first. I guess I should take this time to ask you guys, my readers, what you think of this blog and how its been going. What do you like? What don't you like?

Also, how have your experiences been blogging? If you're doing it for some dinero, how has that been going? My personal success with that has been pretty moderate, though I'm feeling good about the whole getting paid to surf the web thing. It can't hurt, its free right? hehe. Binary Moon is running a cool contest too, it could help traffic.

Wow... we've got a ton of new movies coming out this weekend. More to come on that later this week right? I gotta keep you guys on edge. They taught me that in blogging school.

I hope this post has not bored you guys away from my blog forever. It was a slow day for me.

Wow... I just read this on IMDB.

Hustle & Flow star Terrence Howard refuses to date women who don't use moistened tissue on visits to the toilet - as they are "not completely clean." The Oscar-nominated actor insists potential female suitors must not rely solely on toilet tissues in the bathroom, and even goes to the trouble of advising any partners to make the switch to baby wipes if they don't already use them. He tells Elle magazine, "If they're using dry paper, they aren't washing all of themselves. It's just unclean. So if I go inside a woman's house and see the toilet paper there, I'll explain this. And if she doesn't make the adjustment to baby wipes, I'll know she's not completely clean."

You gotta be kidding me. I got nothing against clean girls, but this is ridiculous! Hollywood never ceases to amaze me. I guess as long as they are in business, then I am too!

Also off IMDB....

Jackie Chan's new action comedy sequel Rush Hour 3 has been sensationally banned in China, despite his status as a national hero. The Hong Kong-born actor's film has prompted controversy in recent weeks over a scene where a family involved in organized crime visit Paris. The association with Triad gang members reportedly angered Chinese authorities. But the state-run Film Bureau insists the decision to block the movie's release was taken for commercial reason, even though the first two movies in the franchise were box office hits. Xiao Ping, of China Film Group's import and export department, says "We think it will not be popular in China." Under strict rules, only 20 foreign releases a year are permitted in China and many that make it through the censors are severely edited first - like the unflattering portrayal of Chow Yun-Fat's pirate character in Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End earlier this year.

I know China is really strict with movies and everything in general, but do you agree with this?

Anyway, lottery around here is up to $171 million. Hopefully I will get past this writer's block... Wish me luck...

EDIT:Quick trivia.. my blog's title reminds me of another company's slogan. Can any of you name that company/slogan?

8 Comments Posted!:

Deadpoolite said...

Well it took me a while to comment on your blog but I am finally here! And now that I am here you got writer's block! I mean am I "lucky" or what, LOL!!!

But wait a minute... what writer's block... your post is as interesting as ever, you got a couple of interesting show biz tidbits and a cool pic top left to boot:)

So, yeah you dont fool me... you got no writer's block. It is just all part of your evil evil plan to make us fellow bloggers let our guard down so you can take the blogging world by storm with your plans of world domination.

I am on to you pal, you dont fool this wacky Merc:)

Take care and have a great day dude!

Calista*Was*Here said...

Hi, my friend!
This writer's blog/block is so cute!

I like the way u write about your life and work.
U seem so sincere and u r an interesting blogger.

Using tissues to be "clean"?!!
How about water & soap?

Unknown said...

Best thing for writer's block - marmite on toast and a sit down in front of the goggle-box. Dunno why but it seems to work.

Comments on your blog? Love the new popcorn logo; not sure about that white background... it's clean, crisp, but it always strikes me as a tad stark. Like I say, I'm not sure.

Good luck with that block.

Chase Roper said...

Hi!

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post about the MPAA and bogus movie ratings. I'm glad you enjoyed the site.

I think your blog is a great niche topic and I will most definitely subscribe.

Thanks Again,

Chase

Kay said...

I'm a writer, so I struggle with writer's block all the time. You just have to try different strategies to get past it and see which works the best for you. I like to read as much as I can -- newspapers, magazines, blogs, books, etc. -- and that usually brings me inspiration.

You asked about China, which is a loaded topic for me. It's my job to write about China, actually. I could go on for hours about the problems there. I don't think their censorship policies are right, but they do have a big problem with gangs and mafia, so it doesn't surprise me that they censored Rush Hour 3. Most Chinese will end up watching the movie anyway because they will buy bootleg copies of it.

Oh, and I love the weekend box office totals in your sidebar! (Your baby picture is pretty cute, too.)

matt said...

my whole blog is one big writer's block

joen05 said...

I'm glad you guys liked this post.. I really couldn't think of much to write about but I wanted to write! I'll keep this in mind next time I can't think of anything :-P

Paul said...

I've hit a wall a couple of times with writers block but usually manage to find something that sparks my fingers into life on the old keyboard.

Your posts are always worth reading so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Ash.