Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, April 4, 2008

The Carnival of Cinema!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Welcome to this week's Carnival of Cinema! I'd like to thank Scott Nehring for giving me the opportunity to host this, it's a really exciting opportunity for me! For anyone who doesn't know, the Carnival is an opportunity to get your articles posted, and gain lots of great opinions, reviews and news about cinema. Be sure to check it out every week, you can check Scott's blog for more details (or just email me).

First off, Manny from Manny The Movie Guy presents a special interview with the cast of Leatherheads. You can check out his post, A SPECIAL GEORGE CLOONEY INTERVIEW FOR "LEATHERHEADS" He learns some great secrets behind the film!

Next, we're on to our first film review! Miss Positive over at Our Chocolates presents her review of 27 Dresses! I really enjoyed the film myself, you can check out my review... did Miss positive agree with me? Read on: Movie Review: 27 Dresses. Miss Positive also provides us with Movie Review: The Kite Runner I've never actually seen this movie, only heard good things about it. Wish I had more time for it!

Now I'm sure that not everyone is as big a commercial film fan as I am... I have to admit I'm pretty weak when it comes to that. I have to give props to independent film buffs though, some of the best movies I've seen have been independent movies. A great example of this is Juno. Daniel Lafleche from The IPEX VIEW Film & Video Blog, takes a stab at how independent cinema can help mainstream cinema. Check out his insightful article, Three Blind Artists: How The Indie Ethos Can Change Commercial Filmmaking for the Better. Daniel Lafleche also presents Indie Filmmakers Looking for Film Buyers: 5 Reasons Why It’s Never Too Early To Start Marketing. Don't forget to market what you're working for!

A touchy subject as always... the cost of going to movies. We all know that it's getting expensive, and I'll be one of the first to admit that I wish it wasn't so bad.Money Blue Book takes a look at this: MBB presents Going Out To See A Movie Is Expensive. When did movies become too expensive for you? Is the rising cost of cinema going to lead to the end of movie theatres?

Another film review! vedavyasa presents Trade posted at Ved's 70MM-Movies & Entertainment. Actually never heard of this one. Could be interesting!

mctiller provides us with: Elizabeth:The Golden Age-DVD Review posted at MCT Images. I've heard mixed reviews about this... do you agree with what McTiller says?

John Brown from Prepare Yourselves for a Settlement takes us for a blast in the past with his review of Texas Lady (1955)... John Brown loves westerns... I'm not a huge fan of westerns myself, but I really did enjoy Open Range. I wonder if this is anything like that one? Who knows? Check out John's review for more!

A couple not-so-cinema items....

Alex M presents Little Known Ways to Find Free Wallpapers for My PC: TV Shows posted at Videos and web TV.

Dwayne Tucker presents Updates and Organization Tip - DwayneTucker.com Cast 004! posted at Dwayne Tucker - PhotoShop Blog / Tutorials.

Christina M. Rau of Livin' The Dream (One Loser At A Time) takes us back to the movies with her thoughts on Never Back Down in The First Rule Of Fight Club? I dunno about you, but I kinda feel like Never back down tried to steal the idea of Fight Club, but it's already too late! The original came out already... does this one make it?

Gautam Valluri presents Films about Film: Observations and Thoughts on Godard?s Contempt (1963) posted at Broken Projector.

Finally, we have Vaparak from The Critical Critics providing us with a review of Senior Skip Day (2008) Never heard of this one either?!?! What is it with all the movies that I've never heard of?

Well, that's it for the Carnival this week. I hope you enjoyed it! I've certainly enjoyed hosting here at Intermission at Work. If you've enjoyed what you read here in the carnival, please feel free to browse my archives for more. Bloggers... if you've been featured here and would like to link exchange... I'm always looking for more blogs to read!

Thanks again to Scott Nehring for allowing me to host. I can't wait to do it again!

2 Comments Posted!:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

Michelle Obama's Left Nut said...

Hey good job! Thanks for taking things over this week