Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Movies this Weekend! 1/25/08

ShowHype: hype it up!
Woohoo, time to do this again! I was just watching some TV, and I realized that there are actualy a ton of movies that are coming out this week, some of which I am actually interested in seeing! You ever find that happening to you? You're watching your favorite TV show, like House, then all of a sudden, a trailer comes on for a movie and you just think... I have to see that. Well, maybe it wasn't that serious, but they did make me think about them again, so I guess their advertisement is working. Anyway, let's get onto the movies! (I'll try to find pictures that don't get removed this time....where do you guys normally get yours?)

How She Move - An inspired story about a young woman, gifted in step dancing, who will do anything to get out of her tough neighborhood and find her big break. Featuring dancing choreographed by Hi Hat and an appearance by R&B sensation Keyshia Cole, this high energy feature looks to inspire and energize.

How's it Gonna Do? - Eh. Not for me. I have been impressed with movies that feature step dancing before, namely Stomp the Yard, but for some reason, this one just doesn't do it for me. They are aiming for a certain crowd though, and it could break out like the aforementioned Yard. It was a hit a Sundance, which is a good sign for it, but it does have a lot of competition this weekend. In my opinion, you should wait for the second Step Up movie, which is due to be released on Valentine's Day. I know I'm going to.

Untraceable - Special Agent Jennifer Marsh works in the FBI's Cyber Crime division, hunting down online criminals and predators. She's seen and dealt with it all, until the division comes across a website that displays graphic murders, with the killings happening more quickly depending on how many people visit. Determined to track down this killer, the hunt becomes personal, with Marsh's family in jeopardy along with her. She is in a race against the clock to find this untraceable killer.

How's It Gonna Do? - I actually think this one will do pretty decently. It has a good viral premise, which appeals to me because I've been trying to create sites with viral content... haven't succeeded yet. I am curious to know that if something like this really happened, how viral would it become. Would people actually visit more and more despite what is happening when they visit? I will probably check this one out. 50% chance of viewing. (Stealing the Fletch system again)

Rambo? - Sylvester Stallone returns to the big screen with one of his most popular characters , Rambo. After a long hiatus, Rambo is out for blood once again. Having retreated to Northern Thailand, and putting all the violence behind him, he is still in the middle of one of the longest Civil Wars of all time. After helping a missionary group bring aid and supplies to Burma, he is informed that the group did not return when they were supposed to, and that funds are being raised to hire mercenaries to help bring them back. Despite his training and wars being far behind him, John Rambo knows what he must do.

How's It Gonna Do? - This one is quite a mystery. I know that it's not going to be as good as the previous Rambo movies. While Rocky did work, since he was supposed to age and it was a blaze of glory going out movie. I don't feel that this is the same thing. I think in this instance, Stallone is trying too hard to revive this character. Rambo's time has passed... and I'll pass too.

Meet the Spartans - A parody movie from the minds that brought you Epic Movie. Nuff Said.

How's it Gonna Do? - Just like all the other ones. Some will love it, and others will wish it was never made.

So that's it for all of the commercial releases this week. There ARE several other movies being released, with the U2:3D movie being of note. That being said, I do have catch-up to do with movies that I haven't seen yet.

However, my pick of the week is: Meet the Spartans - I think it's just going to be enjoyable!

2 Comments Posted!:

Mandy said...

I can't wait to see Meet the Spartans. I think it looks hilarious!!! (Especially the preview with Britney Spears...)

joen05 said...

Haha... I know.. I can't screen this one, so I'll have to check it out over the weekend!