Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Movies This Weekend!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Or should I say... Movie this weekend. Once again, we've got one major release. This one is quite the doozy though, and I'm definitely looking forward to screening it on Thursday if I can. It's gonna be a strong performer, so lets get to it!

The Golden Compass - Based on Philip Pullman's best selling novel. This is the first in the Dark Materials trilogy. A fantasy adventure, it takes place in an alternate universe where souls are manifest as animals and talking bears fight in wars. Lyra is in the middle of it all, and is kidnapped by a group known as the Gobblers, who hope to guide her in their quest of saving not only their world, but ours as well.

How I think it will do - I think this one is gonna do great. I know there was a lot of controversy about what the underlying tone of the movie might mean towards religion, but I look at it as another great fantasy movie. I'm a huge fan of these, and it really reminds me of The Chronicles of Narnia, which I really enjoyed. If this one lives up to my expectations, it should be excellent. I'm going to definitely try to watch it tomorrow! With no competition, its' a slam dunk for the number one movie this week.

Well, that's all for now, I won't mention the indies this week cuz I have a bit of a story to tell. I tried to post this yesterday but couldn't seem to get an internet connection working well enough.

So on to the story. As some of you may know, I just got a new car! I really like it, and I can't wait to give it a car wash and wax... and get some other stuff for it. Anyway, the weather here isn't cooperating, but that's beside the point. The point of my story is.. a car got broken into in the theatre parking lot tonight. That doesn't happen often, but it did tonight. What concerned me was that the car broken into was.... right next to mine. I'm hoping that they saw I have a security system so they didn't do mine, but the car next to me had its window smashed pretty bad.

The moral of this is not to leave anything that could be stolen out in the open, especially in your car. While I consider the parking lot of a theatre to be fairly safe, this just shows that anything can happen. I had nothing visible in my car and I think that's why it wasn't targeted. The lady next to me had a bag visible, and I think that's what happened. Needless to say I got out late tonight, and my heart was pounding when I left, hoping that the person who did it didn't come back and get mine, seeing as it was the only one left in the lot.

Everything was fine though! :-) Have you guys had any scary experiences happen in the parking lot somewhere? What would you do to prevent your car from being broken into?

Don't let this discourage you from going to the movies! Most of us have security at some point, and a lot of them have it all night! I might make a request for that now....

1 Comments Posted!:

matt said...

Waiting on the car picture.