Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

3 Things you Want in a Movie Theatre

ShowHype: hype it up!
I've been thinking about this, and I think that it could make a great movie idea... well maybe not great but it's something that I would like to see as a documentary. If I had enough money to just do whatever I wanted and not have to work for a living (wouldn't we all love this), I'd like to build my own movie theatre. I'd document all the steps that were involved in design, picking a location, all the equipment, and everything else involved. While I do run a theatre now, the decisions are not so much up to me as the corporation as a whole!!

I know that a lot of people are frustrated with their experiences at the movies, and there's not a whole lot you can do as an individual except try to provide the best service. If I had my own movie theatre, I'd try to address a lot of these things. Not having to worry about money would play a big part in this, as it would be difficult to provide everything people want and maintain a budget! Trust me, I know. I budget all the time and it is very difficult to stay within that.

What kinda things would I have in my theatre? I'd like to have couches for seats, for one. They'd be on steps to provide stadium style seating, but with a comfortable couch to watch on instead of a theatre seat. That way you could cuddle up, stretch out, and watch the movie in pretty much any position you wanted to! Of course there is no hanky panky. I can't believe I just typed Hanky Panky. I'll try not to do that again.

I'd also serve better food. I'd stick with the traditional popcorn, soda, nachos.. but I'd try to add some other stuff too. I'm a coffee fiend, so I'd definitely have a cafe there. I'd also like to include ice cream. How about a home cooked meal? That could also be an option. There's a lot to try, of course, but it would be a lot of fun to be able to experiment with a menu.... maybe I've been watching a bit too much Kitchen Nightmares though.

Finally, I'd like to have personal screening rooms! For an extra charge, of course, you can choose to screen your own movie in an extremely private setting. Now you could do this at home, but I'd find some way to make it unique. Wouldn't you like to be able to watch a movie with a loved one or your family in private, with no one to bother you at all? Ok, so maybe that one isn't as feasable, seeing as you can already do it at home, but it would be something to experiment with, and I already said that I wouldn't have to worry about money. :-P

I personally feel that a theatre experience is a great thing to do. I'm pretty biased though, working in the industry. How about no commercials... I know that there are a lot of people out there who would LOVE that one. No commercials at my theatre... no sireee bob. I'm not the best one to decide what should go in a really people friendly theatre. That's you guys! What are three things you would like to have in a movie theatre?

1 Comments Posted!:

Mandy said...

I'd definitely visit your theater if you installed the couches and had an extended food menu. I don't know about the third idea, though. I think most people would just stay home...but maybe I'm wrong. ;o)