Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Beowulf opening tonight!

ShowHype: hype it up!
If anyone is looking foward to this movie like I am, Beowulf is opening tonight in many theatres, with the first showing being at 9:30 PM. This is an excellent way to beat the rush that's sure to come this weekend. It's a highly anticipated movie, with releases in traditional film, digital, digital 3-D, and IMAX 3-D. I guess with this kind of hype, its got to be pretty epic.

Oh, if you're interested, I have a post over at Film School Rejects about Digital Projection. Pretty interesting industry news.

Anyway, if you're like me, you had to read Beowulf in english class during High School. I didn't particularly enjoy it then, but for some reason, I'm really psyched about this movie opening. It's too bad that it opens early actually, because that means that I can't screen it!

There are already some reviews in:
Beowulf and Grendel is a masterful film that fleshes out the decidedly one-sided epic poem, bringing Grendel to life with a humanity and warmth that adds layers of meaning to the old tale. - From Cinematical

Beowulf is a solemnly gorgeous, at times borderline stolid piece of Tolkien-with-a-joystick mythology. - Entertainment Weekly
And many more than you can find over at Rotten Tomatoes and other sites. I'm going to try to see it in IMAX 3-D myself and ::gasp:: pay for it. Hard to believe, but I might just do it. I might take advantage of that deal that I mentioned a bit back. I don't know if it will work for IMAX though. Anyway, if you'd like, use my search box and find tickets for it now, I'm sure they'll be in huge demand this weekend!

2 Comments Posted!:

whatagem said...

You asked about the T-Shirt empire? HA HA! I just posted a brief answer....

Empire....HA HA!!

(I wish)

Deadpoolite said...

I am not familiar with the story to be honest. As for the movie the special effects approach they have used on one hand seems really exciting while in the other it is a bit creepy:)

Oh well, I will watch it either way:)

Later!