Google
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, August 24, 2007

Review: War!

ShowHype: hype it up!
Looks like my last few posts haven't been the greatest hits! What can I do to bring you all back? PLEASE COME BACK! Hope I can provide something worth reading this time! On to the review...

Man, Jason Statham is pretty amazing. So is Jet Li. And the two of them combined made for one of the best action movies I have seen so far this year. I have yet to see the Bourne Ultimatum I know, I know that is next on the list. Pre-screened War tonight, and I was very impressed with the movie.

From the second I stepped into this movie, it was pretty much non stop action. Being R-rated, I knew I would be in for some pretty good violence, and this film did not disappoint. The action scenes are incredible, and they use some pretty awesome cars in there too. Now I've heard that Bourne had a pretty good car chase too, but I haven't seen that yet, so I can't say anything for it.

A little background for those who didn't read my previous post.. this movie is about my boy Jason Statham's character, an FBI agent, who gets himself between two rival gangs as he tries to go after the killer of his partner and his partner's family. Well, a lot of those gang members who get in his way end up dead, though he doesn't do it all alone. Jet Li's character, Rogue, takes care of his fair share of gang members also. It is Rogue that Statham's character is after though, and they inevitably meet in a pretty decent showdown. For some reason I always picture these two to be on the same side.... Li is pretty versatile, I like how he can do both the good guy and the bad guy.

Anyway, I'm not going to ruin it for anyone who plans to see it, but I highly recommend it. It's the action movie for people feeling low after having nothing to see after Bourne. If you're looking for great action, with a pretty decent story, check out this film. If you do check it out, let me know what you think!!!

Recommendation: Go See It!!

12 Comments Posted!:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a film I might fancy. Nice skills - I'll keep my eyes open!

whatagem said...

I LOVE Statham. Transporter was freaking AWESOME!!! Know what you can do to get me coming back? Get me some free time. I'm waaay behind on my fave blog reading. And go watch TMNT. Do it, dude We're supposed to get Silent Hill today--husband's pick, groan. Have you seen it?

Deadpoolite said...

Statham is uber cool in action movies and Jet Li is equally good. Hope this plays out much better than "The One" where they both starred in the past...

As for the lack of comments it happens to all of us. I mean in how many blogs can one comment before he passes out or something:)

People sometimes read but not comment , bummer, but what can you do. I read most of your posts so be content with that at least:)

Take care and keep up the good work!

joen05 said...

Haha, thanks guys. "The One" was definitely not one of their better movies.. It was also the last movie I paid for.. haha.

@Whatagem, I did see silent hill.. blech. Watch someone play the game, it's better.

If you guys see this, let me know what you think!

Karen said...

so cute. I don't think anyone left. The traffic can seem kind of erratic.

I actually prefered your personal comments like how brats try to force their way in. Cos if I haven't seen the show or don't like the kind of show you review, I'll have nothing to comment anyway !

Test said...

Thanks for the review! I saw the trailer yesterday - non-stop action like you said. Jet Li is amazing. Can't wait to see this one!

Kay said...

Easy there, Joe! Your loyal readers haven't forgotten about you. It's August, so some people are probably on vacation. As for me, I was just busy this week.

Glad you liked War. Have a good weekend!

joen05 said...

Ohh, looks like I got some people riled up..lol jk. I watch my stats too much people.. too much. I need to get a life, seems like I get more hits when I'm at work at night then when I'm not. A watched pot never boils, lol.

whatagem said...

Joen--I played the orginal game looong time ago. It was before we had internet and I kept running to the store to read the book cuz the puzzles were stupid & I was broke (the piano puzzle I remember for some reason. I hate puzzles. Hate Resident Evil games too. Find the door knob. Find the key to the door knob. Find the red jewel that fits the key. Man, those zombies are taking everything in the house!!!!)

prin said...

Ooo... I want to see that! Is there a lot of gore? I like Bourne because there's no gore at all...

I usually comment at work, and I can't watch videos at work (no sound, tsk), so that's why I was MIA in the trailer one. ;)

joen05 said...

@ Prin, yes there is a decent amount of gore in this one.. asian themed so there is a decent amount of sword fighting.. and then statham's theme of gunfighting also comes into play. It's great action, but yes, there is gore.

@ Karen I got a post comin up for ya, just didn't have time to finish it yet!

Emily Rose said...

War seems good. I might go see it. Bourne was great :)

From others' comments I just wanted to add that I really liked Silent Hill, the movie. The video game is okay, but can be pretty boring... especially if you aren't the one playing it. I think the movie did a great job compared to the game.